The rapid urbanisation in Southeast Asia is putting pressure on infrastructure developments and the need for taller buildings for work, living, leisure and recreation. The demand for smart movability solutions to improve people flow within buildings and in urban areas are therefore increasing rapidly.
The Global Finnish Industrial Company, specialised on movability and people flow solutions, has experienced this increasing demand for a period. They are working with Asia Perspective on an Assembly Plant Establishment Analysis for Southeast Asia, where Asia Perspective needed local support in conducting the analysis in Indonesia and Vietnam.
The objective of the project:
- Identify and analyse the industry and sector information for Indonesia & Vietnam
- Competition from local and international players
- Price benchmark
- Entry barriers (Legal environment, Invested capital requirements, Operational “value added” requirements etc)
- Ability to export to Southeast Asia and other relevant countries (FTA status, Custom procedures and administration etc)
- Assembly plant location
- Identify and analyse supplier base for critical materials, components and parts in Indonesia & Vietnam
The key deliverables of the project:
Comprehensive industry, sector and supplier market information was produced for Indonesia and Vietnam. All material was used in the overall Southeast Asia Assembly Plant Establishment Analysis.
The report was used during the strategic discussions and management meetings at the Finnish Industrial Company on where to set up an assembly plant to support the Southeast Asian market.