As the largest archipelagic country in the world, Indonesia’s maritime sector is a major driver of the national economy.
Understand the potential within the Maritime Sector
- Indonesia’s strategic location: over half of all international shipping goes through Indonesian waters
- Maritime sector contributes 20% of the nation’s GDP (US$ 880 billion)
- The Indonesian shipbuilding industry is forecasted to record 10% growth. Between March 2005 and November 2013, the number of Indonesian vessels increased from 6,041 to 12,774
- 70% of the components used for shipbuilding are imported
- 90% of Indonesia’s internationally traded goods are processed by foreign shipping companies
Four days of business opportunities*
- Meet potential business partners
- Introduce your products
- Visit the largest ports, shipyards and shipping companies in Indonesia
- Meet the government officials and industry leaders to learn about various regulatory procedures and policies in the Maritime sector
- Learn about the current Maritime sector and the developments that are taking place
Dates: September 25-29*
Fee: 1 400€*
*Please contact us if you are interested and need more information or want to register for the business mission. You can also contact our partner and organiser EIBN (EU Indonesia Business Network).